Wednesday, September 23, 2009

La Ville d'Annecy



Well, a few weekends ago, I got to visit the charming little French town Annecy. When one imagines charming little French mountain towns, one is probably imagining Annecy, minus all of the tourists that are there to make their imagination real.
After an hour and a half on a Greyhound bus, (or whatever is the French equivalent) the morning was spent wandering around the charming town, looking at the beautiful flower-lined, cobblestone streets, admiring the general beauty of a picturesque town. It really was a fairytale or painting come true.

After a lunch of gnocci with gorgonzola cream sauce and delicious French bread, I headed to meet some friends over by the lake. They had chosen to buy a large loaf of bread, a couple bottles of wine and half a dozen types of cheese and meat for their lunch. Personally, I liked my gnocci, but their little picnic was the pitch perfect meal to have in this charming town. A friend of mine, Carey, and I then spent the afternoon eating ice cream, tourist gift-shop browsing, and sitting in the edge of the lake in Annecy.

All in all, it was exactly as I would have pictured it, right from the cobblestones to the flowers, to the water, the food and the people. I guess dreams really can be true.

No comments:

Post a Comment