Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Of Deodorant and Visas

As I have prepared for my departure to France over the course of the last couple of weeks, I have discovered that two things have consistently occupied my mind, my visa and the purchase of enough deodorant to last a year.

 

On the subject of deodorant, apparently they do not have the same types of deodorant in France that they do here. They have the sweet little spray kind, like axe, for both men and women, with nary a stick or gel in sight. As for this being true or not, I have only heard rumors, but I am determined to be prepared in any case. I would hate to be caught without my sweat-resisting, white residuing, amrican deodorant. Thus, I am bringing some. (and by that, I mean a lot)

 

As for the visa, there is a much more important lesson to be learned here, plan ahead. I did not. I had to rush to LA to hurry my visa process and still am ending up departing two days late for my program. So, a cautionary word to everyone, worry less about the deodorant, more about the visa 

No comments:

Post a Comment